CRIMINAL PROCEDURE CODE PAKISTAN 1898 (CrPC)
The Criminal procedure code Pakistan 1898 (CrPC) is the main law dealing with the procedure work of courts and the criminal justice system in Pakistan. This law tells how an accused is arrested, and an investigation should take place. This law also tells how a trial should be conducted in the courts of Pakistan. This law tells how a bail of an accused should be granted. In short, the Code of criminal procedure Pakistan 1898 is a complete package of a criminal justice system in Pakistan. It acts like a general law for all cases. It extends to all the Pakistan. Unless there is anything contrary to any special law, the criminal procedure code Pakistan 1898 (CrPC) will apply. The Advocates in Pakistan doing criminal practice always keep this law with them.
Read CrPC PDF Version here: Criminal Procedure Code Pakistan 1898
The criminal procedure code Pakistan 1898 is constructed of 9 parts as below.
- Part one of the Code of criminal procedure Pakistan 1898 includes the title and definitions. Definitions are the main part of any type of legislation in any country. These definitions are given to eliminate any type of ambiguity.
- Part 2 of CrPC includes the classification and constitution of various kinds of courts in Pakistan. This part explains the court of the magistrate, sessions judges and justice of the peace. This part of the law also provides the powers of the courts. The powers of the court also tell us to what extent a judge can sentence an accused.
- Part 3 of this law tells us how aid and information are given to the police or a magistrate. In this part, the complete procedure of arrest and warrants are also mentioned. The procedure for the service of summons through a process server in Pakistanis also given here. Proclamation and attachment o property procedure is also given in this part.
- Part 4 of the criminal procedure code Pakistan 1898 (CrPC) deals with the peace and behaviour of the accused. This part also tells how unlawful assembly in Pakistan should be dealt. Public nuisance, disputes as to immovable property and preventive actions of the police are also given in this part.
- Part 5 of the Code of criminal procedure Pakistan 1898 deals with cognizable and non-cognizable offences. This part of CrPC also tells how the police will register the first information report. The lawyers in Pakistancan be engaged if the police are not registering the FIR.
- Part 6 deals with the jurisdiction of criminal courts and trials. Complaints to the magistrate, how the charge is framed or trails by the magistrate, sessions court, and the high court is a part of it. How evidence should be taken, or judgment should be given by courts are in this part. The execution of judgment is also in this part.
- Part 7 of criminal procedure code Pakistan 1898 (CrPC) deals with the appeals, revisions and references from the courts. It gives complete details of the appeals against which the court will lie which court. The procedure of appeal, revision and reference through an attorney in Pakistanis also given in this part.
- Part 8 of this law deals with special proceedings. The special proceedings include dealing with lunatic Cases that affect the administration of justice. The habeas Corpus proceedings also fall within this part. A law firm in Pakistancan be engaged in criminal cases.
- Part 9 of the Code of criminal procedure Pakistan 1898 (CrPC) deals with provisions related to the public prosecutor. The bail of the accused is also dealt with in this part. Examination of witnesses, rules of evidence and provisions related to a surety bond are also in this part. The disposal of property, transfer of cases, irregular proceedings and miscellaneous are also a part of it.